No new cases of COVID-19 reported, 8 more people have recovered

New Brunswick recorded no new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday and eight more people have recovered, figures released by Public Health show.The total number of active cases in the province now stands at 95.The active cases include 39 people in the Moncton health region, Zone 1, one person in the Saint John region, Zone 2, one person in the Fredericton region, Zone 3, and 54 people in the Campbellton region, Zone 5.Three people are in hospital, including one in intensive care.The Moncton and Campbellton regions remain at the orange level of New Brunswick's COVID-19 recovery plan, while the rest of the province is under the less restrictive yellow level."It is anticipated that Zone 1 [the Moncton region] will return to the Yellow level later this week, if current trends continue," the government said in a statement Tuesday.On Monday, Dr. Jennifer Russell, the chief medical officer of health, said there has been a consistent downward trend in the number of cases in the Moncton region since it was bumped back to the orange level almost two weeks ago.  "Barring any sudden change," she expected the switch back to yellow would happen on Thursday.Close-contact personal services such as barbers, hair stylists and spas, could resume as soon as Friday and other businesses, such as gyms, cinemas and casinos would also be allowed to reopen.The Campbellton region will remain at the orange level, the government said.About 30 cases have developed in the region in the past couple of weeks, with transmission occurring in "multiple" workplace and social settings, according to Russell.Too many people are not wearing their masks and not physically distancing, she had said, urging area residents to "redouble" their efforts.Within the orange zone, residents are restricted to two household bubbles, which can extend to include caregivers and immediate family members.Travel in or out of the zone is discouraged, except for essential reasons, and outdoor gatherings are limited to 10 or fewer with physical distancing.New Brunswick has had 313 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began in March. To date, 215 people have recovered and three people have died.A total of 93,656 tests have been conducted so far, 757 of them on Monday.What to do if you have a symptomPeople concerned they might have COVID-19 symptoms can take a self-assessment test on the government website at gnb.ca. Public Health says symptoms shown by people with COVID-19 have included: a fever above 38 C, a new cough or worsening chronic cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, new onset of fatigue, new onset of muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste or smell, and difficulty breathing.In children, symptoms have also included purple markings on the fingers and toes.People with one of those symptoms should: * Stay at home. * Call Tele-Care 811 or their doctor. * Describe symptoms and travel history. * Follow instructions.

Visit Source

Show More
Back to top button